VEMOGS – REMOTE STATION has a primary function of collecting and transfering measured data and controlling the GSM/GPRS communication.
Remote station has integrated FN module battery charge controller and therefore besides measured data, it also collects and trensfers information regarding battery voltage and the voltage at the FN collector. Remote station is energy-efficient and it consumes minimum power for continuous data transfer to the server.
VEMOGS – remote station has four LED indicators for status indication. There are three common operating modes depending on current battery status:
- Active mode – operation by set transmission parameters, when battery voltage is Upws >= 12,5 V (more than 50% of battery charge)
- Power save mode – operation by set transmission parameters Tpws = 10 min, when battery voltage is Upws > baterije >= Uslp (less than 50% of battery charge)
- Sleep mode – alert operation, only charge controller working and no data transmission, when battery voltage is Uslp < 11,5 V (less than 5% of battery charge)
These parameters can be remotely adjusted.
Voltage Umax=13.5 V is limit to which the battery is charging. Battery voltage is measured in short time when shutting down the battery charging from the FN module. Thus, the measured voltage approximately corresponds the battery discharge curve C/100.
Remote station uses GSM number associated with the SIM card for remote transmission via GSM network. Communication protocol is designed that achieves optimum amount of data transfered.
Technical equipment characteristics
- Supply voltage -> 12 or 24 VDC
- Power consumption -> 0,7 W
- Max charging current -> 6,3 A
- Communication port -> RS485, 9600 8n2, modbus RTU master
- Analog input -> 3 x 4…20 mA or 0…10 V
- Digital input -> 2 x < 60 V (AC/DC)
- Digital output -> 1 x < 60 V (AC/DC)
- Operating temperature -> from -20 °C to 60 °C
- IP protection -> IP 66